Sunday 21 August 2016

Damaged Uvula

Damaged Uvula


Hey everyone! I was hoping to post a lot more over my winter break, but things didnt really work out that way and time flew by. I got some really cool things done though, so Ill try to post about those in the next week. So heres a small update. Im doing all better now after my car accident, and my cars all fixed too. I looked more into HPs RSA bios, and it turns out that the way I thought that the PEI was verified was incorrect. The existing PEI is saved when a new rom is flashed and it is used to verify the new PEI. My results a few months ago were based on me flashing a modded bios over an already modded bios, which resulted in this PEI check not happening. I did find a much more generic way to remove the DXE check from the PEI though, but I need to find a new way to by bypass the PEI check again. Its all handled by Insydes flasher though, so using a different method to flash the rom works fine.

Now back to what this post is actually about. So I went to the dentist today for my biannual teeth cleaning. I make these appointments six months in advance, and I never know how busy Im going to be when that day comes around. Well I was plenty busy today, so I told the dentist that Id really appreciate it if she could hurry. I now know that this was a huge mistake. She accommodated my request and began rushing through the procedure. One of the first things she did was place a plastic hose in my mouth in order to vacuum out all the water and saliva while she worked. While she began jamming dental instrumentation into my mouth, the end of that hose managed to grab hold of my uvula. It had let out a loud shriek as it engulfed me. Even though it was only attached for a few seconds, it had managed to stretch out my uvula far enough that it now rests on my tongue. I Im sure that if I didnt rush her, then this could have been prevented... Heres a picture of my uvula nine hours after the event.


After looking around, it turns out that theres a lot of cases of uvula trauma. Someone here went through the same thing I did. I guess I’ll just have to wait until it gets better on its own...

Available link for download