Saturday 27 August 2016

Flashing G900P Firmware on G900F Device

Flashing G900P Firmware on G900F Device


Hi! Ive been using CM13 for my device until recently when I decided that I would like to go back to the stock samsung ROM. Having decided, Ive tried to flash the SM-G900F firmware through Odin but it didnt work; Ive tried 4 different firmware packages from different countries and android versions, yet they all resulted in failure. My phone is currently soft-bricked with access to (stock-samsung) recovery and download mode.

Ive noticed, however, that on the back label, my device is the SM-G900F, but in download mode, it reads SM-G900P. I figured that maybe the Odin flashes were failing because my device is actually the G900P. I was wondering if I could try flash the G900P firmware through Odin, but Im hesistant. If the flashing fails, will my device be hard-bricked?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2a3kwz4
via IFTTT

Available link for download