Wednesday 31 August 2016

Pc no longer booting to windows

Pc no longer booting to windows


I have a Dell Laptop running windows 10 and boots via UEFI. I have installed Remix OS beta (64 bit version) several times on the HDD using the Remix program available when downloading from their website. Apart from one occasion only, Remix usually hung and I remained patient, waiting for a version that would work. That happened with the latest version (2.0.403) i.e Remix finally works and the OS boots up normally. However (as is usually the case with life in general) whilst Remix works, when selecting windows from the Grub loader it says that it cannot find the path to windows and I cannot boot into windows. I appreciate that this is a Android forum but this problem is specific to Remix I think and some entry in the grub loader and as such I turn to this forum in case anyone has any ideas so that I can fix the grub loader or whatever and be able to boot into windows - I am of course happy that I can boot into Remix but I also still need my windows!

Thanks a lot in advance

Andrew


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aaEYsj
via IFTTT

Available link for download